Monday 25 February 2013

St Giles' Cathedral, Edinburgh

St Giles' Cathedral 

 The Centre Arches

 Geometric Archery

I recently went a trip to Edinburgh, and one of the places I went to gave me tonnes of amazing photos. St. Giles' Cathedral is by far one of the most photogenic buildings I have ever been in.

I loved the solid construction coupled with the soft upward lighting, and the gorgeous colours that peered from the stained glass windows. I love how dramatic the arches are, with the contrast in colour between the beams and the ceiling, and it totally made me think of the hunchback of notre dam for some reason!

The stonework and statues inside were intricately detailed and the lighting was perfect for photos. I would highly recommend a visit to this attraction if you are in the area, because you will not be disappointed, especially if you are interested in architecture and/ or religious buildings.


No comments:

Post a Comment