Sunday, 20 September 2015

DIY Tattoo Key Box


I love having my keys in an allocated place so that I don't lose them but I am security conscious... I realise that a burglar could potentially use a hook to steal keys off a hook or open key holder. Since I don't like making anything easy for burglars, I thought I'd like a nice enclosed key box...

Of course, you could also use these to store bracelets, necklaces or other jewelery...

When trying to actually find a nice design that I would hang in my hallway, it was a bit more difficult! So, I had to make my own. Luckily I was able to source the key box itself from The Works for a great price, so I just had to prettify it!

Using the same method as in my Tattoo Wall Hanging, I spruced this up in no time at all, and now it is ready to hang in my hallway with all of the other tattoo themed artwork.

I am really pleased with the results, and love how professional it looks! I also love how it will tie in with the multitude of framed prints that are in my hall, so it will be extra confusing for any would- be burglars to try and determine which one is the keybox! Result!

Follow